Friday, April 01, 2005

Mullet Haiku

This started out as my sister recycling an old joke email entitled "Mullet Haiku" - sort of an advanced poetry version of "you may be a redneck if..." Here are a couple that were quite amusing to me.


O! SQUIRREL brother,
Your tail, my hair We are one
Yet I must eat you

Short like your schooling
Long like your prison sentence
The penal haircut

Jeans tucked into socks
Haven't worn a shirt in days
Mutton chops emerge


So, as I forwarded the email on, I added my own entry:


Long hair in the back
My Camaro kicks some butt
Play some more honk y'all


And then the greatest thing happened - the other people on my distribution list started composing their own Mullet Haikus. And here they are:


Oh, the Flo Hender
A Seventies bitchin' style
Makes me gag some now
- T. Martin (reference to Carol Brady's famous Shag)

Business in the front
Party in the back, Oh Spring
Dreams of my 8-Track
- D. Carpenter

Empty Bud Tallboys
Denim Shorts Without a Shirt
Cowbell Keeps the Beat
- P. Clouston

White wifebeater on
with Kentucky Waterfall
Must be from Wyco.
- K. Weakley

IROC With T-Tops
Back Pocket With Goody Comb
Tennessee Mud Flap
- M. Clouston

Dixie airhorn rocks
Twin four-barrels get looks
CB is my cell
- B. Huey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home